WHAT IS PROFESSIONAL COUNSELING?
Professional counseling is a professional relationship that empowers diverse individuals, families, and groups to accomplish mental health, wellness, education, and career goals.
Counseling is a collaborative effort between the counselor and client. Professional counselors help clients identify goals and potential solutions to problems which cause emotional turmoil; seek to improve communication and coping skills; strengthen self-esteem; and promote behavior change and optimal mental health.
We hope to provide a source of relief (Rahma) and help through our wide variety of approaches and professionals.
- Professional counseling or psychotherapy (MFT, LPCC, PSYD)
- Spiritual counseling (based mainly on spirituality and theology)
- Pastoral counseling or psycho-spiritual approach (Combines psychotherapy with spirituality)
- Mediation and family arbitration (Professional Mediators)
- In Development (not currently available with the Rahma Counseling Center)